Sunday, April 1, 2007

So it's a been a little awhile (like usual), and some stuff has changed. For one thing, I have no more actually scheduled TD (like a class on genetics problems, sorta like math class)!!! Sadly, I think I went to two out of eight, but I talked with the prof, and she told me that it really didn't matter, and that I should work through the problems, and some of the old exams,on my own, and if I had any questions to come ask her, and she would help me through it. So that was awesome. On the opposite side of things, my TP (lab) prof told me that I can't make up the labs I missed. I honestly don't know if I got a zero on them, or if I've been excused, but I'm not really, really worried, just a little worried. O, and in lab, we were going over this thing that we were supposed to do for the lab, and there was a drawing that nobody else but me had done, and the prof came over, looked at it, said "ok" and handed it back to me. I didn't think much of it until she drew the exact same thing on the board!!! She could've just said 'bien' and I would've been happy. Anyways, the important thing is that she knows that I'm not stupid, I just don't understand French perfectly. So that was good.

Climbing on thursday!!! It was so cool! That was the first time I've ever sport climbed before. Granted, it was on something like a 5.8 - 5.9, but still, it was good. Plus it was the first time I've been climbing outside since I was 15. So that was pretty awesome.

Then Saturday, we went to Cap La Housaye (or something like that) and did some snorkeling. It was intense. Basically, this thing is just a big cap of volcanic rock that is inhabited by a bunch of fish, and is relatively calm. Plus there's a sweet place you can dive from, and some little caves to explore, and this big pool that's protected from the waves, so its really calm. There were tiny, tiny little hermit crabs everywhere, some cool underwater crabs that had a neon green strip going around their middles too and fish everywhere. I wish that I had had another underwater camera with me, cuz I ran out of pictures when I was there. All in all, I think that was the coolest beach I've been to yet, and I'm already planning a return that will last two days. I'm excited!!

Sunday, I went mountain biking. It was cool except for the fact that its not the most exciting thing in the world when you go to pick up trash because that means that there's trash everywhere that makes the landscape uglier. Anyways, it was a heck of a lot of fun, and all the rocks there have these little crystals in them. so I grabbed a couple. O, and I grabbed some coral from the beach for the girls back home too!

So all is well and good in Reunion for me. Last week I practically shut down because I had so much to do (it was all just little stuff, but very important little stuff) and I had gotten really stressed out over my grades because my advisor here told me some stuff that wasn't true. Like, for instance, that my french has not improved at all. Anyways, I got over it with the help of a friend, and now its all good now.

Plus, I've been searching and searching for the bedrock of christianity, why it is, why I believe it, etc., and I'm quite sure I found it. It lies in the resurrection, because if it weren't for that, there would be no christianity. The resurrection is the whole point of christianity and encompasses all of its ideals. I struggled for quite some time to find that, and I'm quite glad that I did. So anyways, I think that the deal is to focus on not only The Resurrection (of Jesus) but also the act of resurrecting things around me, i.e. - giving life to things that need it. :)

Love you guys! Enjoy the pictures - http://uncg.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2070371&l=d32e4&id=25006720


























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.